Do you struggle with how much makeup to take on your island holidays to pack light but still give you diverse look?
When I travel I like to travel light (it lets me buy so much more when I’m there!) and makeup is heavy! In hot climates I want to have natural, glowy skin that stays put for much of the day. I like to keep it simple but still be able to change my makeup look up each day to suit what I’m wearing and what I’m doing that day. Because in the south pacific islands the beaches are so beautiful I end up taking so many photos and selfies that I want to wear makeup at the beach. This means I need to be able to re-apply sun protection and I don’t want my makeup to go blotchy, patchy or streaky if it gets wet with salt water, pool water or sweat. I know what you’re thinking, this seems like a very tall ask. Well I’m here to tell you I’ve managed all of it!! Now I know I’m not going to end up with my makeup staying on and looking perfect for 8-10 hours. I want to re-apply it in the evening when I go for dinner (without having to remove it all and start over) for a more full coverage and glam look. I’m also not up at 7am and spending a full day in makeup, I’m probably going for breakfast at 9 and then farting around getting ready and reading until 10/11am so really I just want it to look nice for 4-6 hours, and no biggie if it starts wearing or even all washes off with a swim. As long as that doesn’t make me look like a mess (because that’s not hot).
In this video I show you what I take with me and give you a tutorial on how I apply my makeup everyday in under 15 minutes. I want to be on the beach, not in my room getting ready all day!
Make sure you watch right to the end to find out what product you can use OVER YOUR FOUNDATION for spf sun protection. It’s a game changer and a godsend.
Honestly I just keep it quite natural and change my look up with lipsticks! I always take a light pink blush because it suits every single lip colour. I add winged liner in the evening to glam it up and always wear bright lipsticks as they go so well with a very nude, natural eye and make it all look so intentional and put together. In the day I will wear bright, vibrant lipsticks and at night I will switch them out for slightly deeper, darker shades. My preference is for matte liquid lipsticks because they stay put and being hot and sometimes sweaty I don’t want my lipstick to bleed or smudge over my face. I really don’t want to have to worry about it too much. Then if it wears patchy because I’ve eaten oily food I can just chuck a balm over it and it still looks great for the rest of the day!
When you’re on holiday you don’t want to have to worry about your face all day, you want to be out there enjoying your holiday (but still look smoking in photos).
Leave me a comment and let me know what your must have products for on holiday are. I’d love to give them a try!
- Chantecaille Anti-Aging Liquid Lumiere (Brilliance)
- Chantecaille Future Skin (Ivory)
- RMS Un-Coverup (11)
- Stila Illuminating Powder (30 Watt)
- Stila Stay All Day Bronzer
- Dior DiorBlush Glowing Gardens (Floral Pink) – Limited Edition
- MAC Eyebrow Crayon (Lingering)
- MAC Prep and Prime Lip
- MAC Single Eye Shadows (March Forward – Limited Edition) and (Texture)
- Maybelline x Gigi Hadid Gel Eyeliner (Nude) – Limited Edition
- Maybelline Lash Sensational (Black)
- Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick (West Coast)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Cosmedix Reflect Borad Spectrum SPF Sunscreen Spray
Products Also in My Makeup Bag:
- Too-Faced Hangover Primer
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla)
- MAC Brow Gel-Creme (Deep Dark Brunette)
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
- 4 x Bright coloured lipsticks (generally longwear, matte liquid lipsticks)
Brushes Used (these are all the brushes I take with me too):
- Beauty Blender
- MAC 135
- MAC Spoolie
- MAC 168
- Stila 21
- MAC 242
- MAC 224
- MAC 263 (not shown but in my bag)