Do you wonder why everyone talks about that pregnancy glow but you don’t see it?
Everyone talks about that pregnancy glow but I just feel like I look tired and hormonal! With our housewarming I really wanted to achieve that gorgeous pregnancy glow that I feel I should have so I wanted to share with you products and techniques that helped me create the gorgeous lit from within, glowy, happy skin that we associate with pregnancy.
The first and most key step is skin prep! With all those hormones running rampant you’ll find your skin doing all sorts of weird things and changing on a regular basis so it’s key to keep up a good skincare routine. Your skin is the last organ to receive the water you drink as it is the least important to your body and with the baby growing you find yourself thirstier and drinking more water. This meant that my skin was just constantly dehydrated. The best way to combat this is to use hydrating face masks. I’ve been doing 4-5 face masks per week but for an event where you want to have beautiful, glowing skin I would definitely recommend doing one the night before AND the morning of as I did.
The second thing is your foundation. The whole thing about that pregnancy glow is that it’s meant to look natural, and you can’t achieve natural looking skin with a very heavy, full coverage foundation. That’s why I chose to use a serum foundation. A medium coverage skin tint would also work and there are some great drugstore foundations out there that are lighter coverage, buildable and sink nicely into the skin for a natural looking skin finish. The key to building your foundation up is layering it. It may seem excessive to do a light layer, spray it with Fix+, use a beauty blender and then repeat but this is the best way to build up your coverage while still getting a very skin-like finish.
If your skin is dehydrated Fix+ (or any other hydrating mist) is your best friend. When my skin is dehydrated and I am trying to get a flawless finish I spray my face in it in between every layer of makeup! It can leave visible water droplets on the skin as it has quite a heavy spray, but as I use a sponge to further press the foundations and powders into the skin this isn’t an issue for me. I do find myself reaching for sprays with a finer mister to hydrate my makeup throughout the day as I won’t be pressing the products in.
Slowly building layers of glowy products is your best way to fake that natural pregnancy glow.
For this look I’ve paired luminous, glowy skin with light cream and powder contouring and a soft, natural glam eye look.
To see the contouring part of the video jump to 6:20
To see the eye look part of the video jump to 12:59
I’d love to hear what products you used during your pregnancy that you couldn’t live without and why. Leave me a comment and let me know!
- Mac Fix+
- Too Faced HangoverRx Primer
- Hourglass The Veil Mineral Primer
- Chantecaille Anti-Aging Face Illuminator (Brilliance)
- Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation (Tavarua)
- RMS Beauty Un-Cover Up (11)
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation (Shell)
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick (Chestnut)
- By Terry Hyalauronic Blush (Bubble Glow)
- Ilia Fade Into You Soft Focus Finishing Powder
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Ethereal Light)
- Chantecaille Pressed HD Perfectin Powder
- The Balm Betty Lou-Manizer
- Dior DiorBlush Glowing Gardens (Floral Pink)
- MAC Hyper Real Glow (Flash+Awe)
- Glam Glow Glow Setter
- MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme (Deep Dark Brunette)
- Benefit Gimme Brows (3)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- MAC Shaping Powder (Lightsweep)
- MAC Single Eyeshadows (Texture, Cork, March Forward – Limited Edition, Cranberry, Espresso)
- Maybelline x Gigi Hadid Gel Eyeliner Pencil (Nude)
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner Pencil (Black)
- Benefit Roller Lash (Black)
- XO Beautyshop Lashes (Wanderlust)
- MAC Lip Pencil (Hip’n’Happy)
- Bare Minerals Matte Liquid Lipstick (Slay)
- Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick (Aphrodite)
- XO Beautyshop Flat Face Brush
- Beauty Blender
- MAC 227
- MAC 135
- Stila 21
- MAC 237
- MAC 210
- MAC Spoolie
- MAC 237
- MAC 286
- MAC 217
- MAC 242
- MAC 223
- XO Beautyshop Slim Crease Brush
- MAC 214
- MAC 211
- MAC 183
- MAC 169