Have you got a foundation that just ends up looking powdery and dry on your skin? But it cost you your life savings and you just can’t bear to part with it? Here’s a great hack to make your foundation work for you!
So I saw a Chloe Morello Video (that I now can’t find and think I might have gone insane and imagined the whole thing!) where she mixed her Estee Lauder Double Wear with the Ole Henriksen C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme to get a more dewy look. It got me to thinking that this could be a great hack to fix any foundation that looks too powdery on the skin. This is an issue that people with dry or dehydrated skin have.
I got suckered in to buying a foundation that looked beautiful in store, only to find that within a few hours my face looked dry and powdery. So I’ve been playing around with hydrating techniques and have finally come up with a hack to make this foundation wearable!
Because I have seen a few vloggers try this concept with different moisturisers and different foundations I am pretty confident it will work with any foundation and any moisturiser (I’ve tried it using the Chanel Perfection Lumiere and a few different moisturisers now). It does sheer your foundation out slightly but I would prefer less coverage than a dry, powdery look!
If you have a powdery looking foundation lying around that you just don’t reach for anymore give this hack a go and leave me a comment letting me know how you found it? I’d also love to hear from you if you have any other foundation hacks (or great foundations) for dehydrated skin.
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Flash
- Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Primer
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- RCMA No Colour Powder
- Mecca Cosmetica MECCAmorphisis Hydrating Moisturiser
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere (12 Beige Rose)
- Glam Glow Glow Setter
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla)
- MAC Fix+
- ABH Powder Contour Kit (Light to Medium – Banana Powder)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Ethereal Light)
- Chantecaille HD Setting Powder
- MAC 236
- Beauty Blender
Makeup Worn in Look:
- Colourpop Cosmetics Yes, Please! Eyeshadow palette
- Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner (Black)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (Black)
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Colourpop Supershock Cheek (Between the Sheets)
- MAC Hyper Real Glow (Flash and Awe)
- Karen Murrell Lipstick (Blushing Rose)